Autumn / Winter – Stewarding Security Contract. Various events – Fireworks, Memorial Parades, Christmas Light ‘Switch On’ and overnight asset protection.
In September 2022, EP tendered and was successfully awarded the Stewarding and Security Contract for Sandwell Borough Council for the Autumn / Winter 2022. The requirements of this contract significantly varied for over 30 events, with some hosting just a few 100 people for local community events to 10,000 for the borough family firework displays. EP was the sole Stewarding and Security contractor working closely with the council event team to plan and organise each event and ensure public safety for all. In addition to the contract, EP was also requested to provide overnight security for key council assets on both a reactive and planned basis. Partner agencies were engaged to provide dog security patrols, protecting a farm estate, including its livestock.
Roles and responsibilities included but were not limited to:
- SIA (DS) Security – Providing access control to the major events including bag searches, ticketing checking and other licensable activities including Stage / Pit Protection and control of VIP areas.
- SIA Dog Security Patrols – Providing overnight asset protection, with dog patrols to provide greater awareness, deterrence, and security presence. Also providing assurance and peace of mind to staff who live and work on client premises both in urban and rural settings-supporting and underpinning the duty of care held by client to staff.
- Safety Stewards – Responsible for the management of fire exits, queue management, way finding and crowd stewarding of specific areas including family fair’s, food and beverage and the ‘fire line’.
- Chapter 12D Traffic Marshalls – Implementing traffic measures with Chapter 12D compliance to close roads, prevent fly parking of residential streets and assist pedestrian crossing points during peak times, working in partnership with the crowd safety team.
- SIA (DS) Response Teams – Assigned for larger events, these teams worked directly under the response team manager to react to crowding concerns, investigate and de-escalate public disorder and where necessary implement ejections from the event premises and provide evidence to the police.